Wow! First ants, then your pending nuptials (congrats!), and now the stomach flu? Please, take it easy and get well. We'll all be here when you get back waiting eagerly for your next delicious post! You're really helping me change the way I eat. While I'm writing, I need to tell you that the Curry Cauliflower Soup recipe you posted a while back was awesome! I'm trying hard to reduce the fat and yuck in general in my diet so that I can lost weight. Your site is one my favorite tools. So, thank-you for all you do and again, please, take it easy and get well.Ross S
Hi Ross - thank you for the kind words, and I'm so happy you dug that soup. It helped make me like cauliflower.And ... RIGHT? Ants, rings, and the flu. I'm waiting for my house to fall down to complete the cycle.
Have you dined out recently?I believe Alton Brown said that there is no such thing as the stomach flu, but there is such thing as food poisoning.He could be wrong though, he's not a doctor.Either way, I hope you feel better soon!
Oh no! Please take it easy this weekend and get well. This will be a great opportunity to get lots of rest.
Yup. What Alton Brown said. No such thing as a stomach flu. Probably some Salmonella or E. coli jumped into your food. But it probably didn't survive any Curry anything, since strong spices like those are often bacteriocidal.
Whoever says that stomach "flus" don't exist have never gotten a rotovirus. Never. Again. Please! Hope you're feeling better soon! Reminds me, though, of when I got married. Ended up with Strep Throat from all the stress. Many of my friends also got sick on their honeymoons. Not food poisoning! A couple got bad UTI's. Ick.
My whole family (including my 8 month old) had a rotavirus last year at the same time; that was tough. That's most likely what Ms. CHG has, but influenza is specifically different.
Hey guys - the more I look at it (a.k.a. the more I read WebMD), it looks like it might be food poisoning from mishandled chicken. The symptoms are an exact match, and I had poultry in a takeout Chow Fun dish the previous day. The good news is, there's no lasting damage or real possibility of sickening others. The bad news is, it takes a week to fully recover from. I will be 12 pounds by the time this thing is done.Thanks for the good thoughts, though. I really appreciate them very much. :)
Post a Comment