Thursday, October 8, 2009

CHG Grand Re-Opening, Coming Soon

Readers! Hi there! How have you been? Things are lovely over here. I got to see rhinos fighting a few weeks ago, so that was pretty sweet.

Beyond that, there's news! CHG is looking to start up again in another week or two. It should be plenty of time to get some housekeeping done, and juuuust enough time to emotionally recover from tonight's Office. (Yay Pam and Jim! I haven't been this excited over a TV event since they introduced "B" on Sesame Street.)

They'll be a few improvements upon CHG's return, including more in-depth posts, increased user friendliness, and at least marginally better photos. Alas, we'll also be coming back with ads. Though I aspired to be the Fugazi of food blogging, an extended period of employment inactivity has necessitated the monetization the site. (That's fancy talk for, "I gotta make some dough, lest I end up panhandling for Cheetos on Flatbush Avenue.") We'll try to make them as ethical and aesthetically pleasing as possible. Unlike, say, these.

So - hooray! I'm looking forward to getting back to business, and hearing from y'all about frugal, nutritious cooking. It's gonna be good times.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 comments:

Jenny said...

Welcome back! I just put up a link to CHG on my blog, hoping that you would come back soon. Looking forward to seeing some new recipes soon! http://jennyknopinski.wordpress.com/

DMBY said...

good to hear that your mojo is on its way back!

Kelly B said...

YES!!!!!! So glad you're coming back. I don't mind looking at a few ads, considering what great content you have. Can't wait for the posting schedule to resume!

Liz C said...

So. Excited!!

And, uh, thanks for the creepy ads. I'll be carrying around the image of the kid's face from the barbituate ad all day.

I've seen the Lysol one before, but it never ceases to completely gross me out.

Kris said...

Yay! Thanks, you guys.

Liz - RIGHT? That Lysol ad is crazy. I can't even imagine how you'd administer ... oh god. Never mind.

Marcia said...

Yay! I'm willing to tolerate the ads to get my Tuesday Megalinks back...

Anonymous said...

Whooohhoooo! Man I've missed this blog. Glad you're coming back!

Kathi In NJ said...

Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Thanks - you have been missed! Happy to send some ad-clicks your way :)

Daniel said...

Happy to have you back Kris!!

I've really missed your flawless turn of phrase, but "the Fugazi of food blogging" makes up for it, big time. :)

Dan
Casual Kitchen

Chris said...

Let's just say that Lysol ad is something I'm never recommending to my patients. Ever.

Kristen@TheFrugalGirl said...

Glad you'll be back, Kris!

Anna said...

Yay, I'm so happy!!

Grapes and Grains said...

Great to see you'll be back soon, Kris! Regarding the ads, I found the pig serving itself into charcuterie to be particularly off-putting...yet strangely appetizing.

kittiesx3 said...

Hurrah! I never took down the CHG link on my blog in hopes you would return.

Priscila said...

I just found your blog and love it! Glad your back

xoxo
Priscila
littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

look forward to some new posts!

RossS said...

...yeah what they said.

Glad you're back, missed ya.

anna said...

SO glad to hear youll be back. I say good for you for adding some ads! The day I read the post saying youd be taking a break, I asked my husband, "why doesn't she just get some advertisers? that way she would make some money, and we would get to keep on reading some fabulous food blogging....everybody wins!"

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome back! (Although I really shouldn't have looked at the creepy ads during my lunch break. So. Creepy. *shudder*) Glad to see your site is up and running again.